This week’s cocktail is the essence of brooding and depth. It is an evolution of flavors, sharp, sweet, nutty, dry, and touching on the stone fruits. A perfect match for a season that is decidedly fall in the morning and night, but which summer is still resolutely clinging to by day. The Plum Shrub Cocktail comes from Todd, the Drinks Editor at Honestly Yum, an honestly great blog that I like to frequent for food and drink inspiration.
Not only do you get a perfectly composed cocktail with this, but you get an education. What exactly is a shrub anyway? Now we know. Thank you Todd for a truly smart drink.
plum shrub cocktail
Dreamt up by: Todd at Honestly Yum
- 2 oz bourbon
- 3/4 oz plum shrub
- 1/4 oz dry Amontillado sherry
- 1 large/oversized cube of ice
- slice of plum for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Fill your mixing glass with ice.
- Stir for a full 30 seconds. Sometimes good things take time.
- Insert the large ice cube into an old fashioned glass.
- Strain your cocktail over ice and garnish with a slice of fresh plum.
Recipe and images from Honestly Yum.
Cheers, I hope you stop back and elevate your spirits with me each week.