This week’s cocktail is an intriguing, unexpected, and masculine mix of fall. The Autumn Punch was created by Seth Hines for the Fortunate Feast collaboration at the Scout blog, an inspiring and beautiful blog by Jenn Elliott Blake in Seattle (if you stop by you will see the soup that they paired with this and a beautiful wedding that she styled in Ireland – love those dresses.)
While spiced rum isn’t generally my drink of choice it does have its moments, and this is one of them. Paired with a hard pear cider which is just such a very perfect thing and Chinese Five Spice powder. Say again? Yes, that’s right, Chinese Five Spice powder. Well, you pretty much can’t not try this cocktail now can you?
Dreamt up by Seth Hines
- – 2½ oz spiced rum (we used Kraken Black Spiced Rum – love their packaging designs)
- – 4 oz fresh unfiltered apple juice
- – 2 big pinches of Chinese 5 Spice
- – 2 long threads of lemon peel
- – 2 cinnamon sticks
- – 1 bottle of good quality hard Pear Cider
- In a shaker half-filled with ice-cubes, combine the rum, apple juice, and Chinese 5 spice.
- Shake well and pour into your glass of choice, top with cider and garnish with a cinnamon stick and twist of lemon peel.
Recipe and images from Scout.
Cheers, I hope you stop back and elevate your spirits with me each week.