Hello beautiful! Well apparently I have been living under a rock… or in Vermont. I did not know that Dragon Fruit were this color inside. I’m blown away. I was ogling a cart that was overflowing with them in Chinatown last weekend, thinking that the outside was lovely. Had I known I would have bought them out. Luckily I found my way to Jennifer Chong’s blog to find her beautiful photography, this delicious Dragon Fruit smoothie recipe, and to learn about the #foodporn imbalance.
What’s the #foodporn imbalance, you ask? Well, if you check the #foodporn feed on instagram you’ll see that things like donuts and ice cream are highly favored (yep, guilty). In an effort to shift this imbalance and to promote healthier food choices, Bolthouse Farms has created the #foodpornindex. So snap some pics of your healthy choices and add them to the #foodporn feed.
dragon fruit smoothie
Dreamt up by Jennifer Chong
- 2 Dragon Fruits (scooped out of skin)
- 4 Baby Bananas (or 2 regular)
- 1 Cup Pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 2 Cups Coconut Water
- Toppings: Blueberries, Bananas, Coconut Flakes, Granola
- In a blender combine dragon fruit, bananas, pineapple, and coconut water and blend until smooth. I freeze my bananas and pineapple for this smoothie.
- Top with coconut flakes, granola, and blueberries (or any fruit of your choice) and enjoy.
Can’t find the pink Dragon Fruit near you? Order them here.
All images, inspiration,and recipe by Jennifer Chong.