This just might be perfection. Mixing three of my favorites, lime, elderflower, and mint, this sublime concoction is margarita meets mojito with a little something more. The Elderflower Mint Margarita, a.k.a. the St. Germain Mint Margarita was created by Mandy Kellogg Rye of Waiting on Martha, a design and style blog dedicated to creating a beautiful everyday. This would sure make my everyday a little more beautiful. Cheers!
elderflower mint margarita
Dreamt up by Mandy Kellogg Rye
- 1.5 oz. Silver Tequila, I prefer Herradura or Patron
- 1 oz. St. Germain
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice + more for garnish
- 1/2 cup club soda
- Splash of simple syrup or agave (depending on how sweet you like your marg)
- 2-4 mint sprigs + more for garnish
- salt (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker add mint leaves and muddle.
- Add ice, tequila, St. Germain, and lime juice. Shake and test, if sour add simple syrup.
- Take one lime slice and run it around the rim of your glass then immediately dip glass into salt and twist.
- Fill glass with ice and pour margarita mixture, add club soda.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lime.
Image by Rustic White Photography.